We designed a free survey tool that is similar to other entry-level products – but still more generous than the competition. This tutorial will cover the high-level limitations of the SurveyGizmo Free Plan.
- Up to 3 surveys (active or closed) at a time
- The ability to collect up to 100 responses per survey
- Limited to the below question types:
- HTML 5 Password Input type is not allowed
- Reporting limited to Standard Reports (access to view Individual Responses)
- Exporting limited to CSV/Excel Exports
- Survey Transfer tool is limited to paid plans.
Free Survey Share Link Domain
Survey share links on free accounts will use the following domain: mysurveygizmo.com.
If you choose to upgrade to a paid plan and wish to change your survey share link to use a different domain (either surveygizmo.com or a private domain), we recommend creating a new link to do so. This way your mysurveygizmo.com link will continue to work for respondents you shared it with.
According to our Services Agreement, SurveyGizmo surveys should never ask for any sensitive or secure data. As such, surveys created in free accounts will have content to inform survey respondents about content that is not safe to provide in surveys, as well as, a link to Report Abuse. There are 2 locations where this information will be automatically included in free surveys:
- At the top of the first page of the survey.
- Or the bottom of each page below the Next and Submit buttons.
On mobile devices, the top banner will display continuously and the footer text will not be present.
Surveys will include a banner at the top of the first page and footer text below the Next and Submit buttons alerting respondents that collection of sensitive/secure data is a violation of our acceptable use.
How do I sign up for the Free Plan?
Go to our Home Page and click Plans & Pricing in the top navigation. Scroll past the paid plan options and you will see the Free Account option.
Can I downgrade my paid account to the Free Plan?
Sure! The steps vary based on the account type so select your plan below for downgrading steps.
I have a SurveyGizmo account that I wish to downgrade to the Free plan.
If you have one of our new Individual Accounts (created on or after January 17, 2017) and you wish to downgrade to free, you can do so by following these steps.
- Go to Account > Summary > Account Overview. Once there, you will see your current license details.
- To downgrade to the Scout License (free), click the Upgrade or Downgrade you Plan link in the Common Account Actions section.
- On the following screen, scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the Free Account option. Click the Select Plan button.
- Read the details about downgrading to free carefully; make sure to note the limitations of the Scout License. Check the I read everything above, and I still want to downgrade box before clicking the Downgrade to Scout button.
- When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. We do not offer to process refunds for unused time on annual subscriptions, as such we recommend that these downgrades are made at the end of your subscription.
Downgrading to the Free Plan account from a Legacy Plan
If you wish to downgrade to a Free account, follow these steps.
- Go to Account > Summary > Account Overview.
- Select the option to Upgrade or Downgrade your Plan, located in the Common Account Actions section on the right.
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and click the Select Plan button associated with the Free Account.
- Read the details about downgrading to free carefully. Check the box to certify I read everything above, and I still want to downgrade and click Downgrade to Scout to confirm.
When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. Refunds will not be issued for unused time.
Because your previous account was on a Legacy plan level, this plan level will not be available to be selected in the future. You will only be allowed to switch back to SurveyGizmo's new levels.
How the Free Plan limitations are imposed on a formerly paid account
- When you downgrade to the Free Plan you will lose many features associated with a paid account and any surveys using those features may not work correctly. That includes custom branding and themes, all logic and actions, and any advanced reports. We recommend you first close any surveys still taking responses to avoid any unwanted consequences from downgrading.
- If you decide to upgrade back to a paid plan, your active surveys will revert back to their current state. That means that custom themes, actions and logic, and all of your share options will be live again.
- With respect to the page limit, this will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to the question type limitations, these will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to responses, when you downgrade to free all your existing responses will be saved and available for reporting and exporting. You will be able to collect an additional 100 responses once you convert to the free plan.
- With respect to surveys, if you have more than three surveys when you downgrade to free all your existing surveys will be saved. However, you will not be able to create additional surveys as the free plan is limited to three surveys.