We designed a free survey tool that is more similar to other entry level products – but still more generous than the competition. This tutorial will cover the high-level limitations of the SurveyGizmo Scout (Free) Plan.
- Up to 3 surveys (active or closed) at a time
- The ability to collect up to 100 responses per survey
- Limited question types
- Reporting limited to Standard Reports (access to view Individual Responses)
- Exporting limited to CSV/Excel Exports
How do I Sign Up for a Free Plan?
Go to our Home Page and click Plans & Pricing in the top navigation. From here you can click Get Started under the Scout (Free) option.
Can I downgrade my paid account to a the Free Plan?
Sure! The steps vary based on the account type so select your plan below for downgrading steps.
I have an SurveyGizmo | CE account that I wish to downgrade to the Scout (free) plan.
If you have one of our new Individual Accounts (created on or after January 17, 2017) and you wish to downgrade to free, you can do so by following these steps.
- Go to Account > Summary > Account Overview. Once there, you will see your current license details.
- To downgrade to the Scout License (free), click the Upgrade or Downgrade you Plan link in the Common Account Actions section.
- The pop-up window will show your current license along with the next highest license. To view the lower level licenses, click the Compare available plans link. To downgrade to the Scout License (free), click the Downgrade button associated with it.
- Read the details about downgrading to free carefully; make sure to note the limitations of the Scout License. Check the I read everything above, and I still want to downgrade box before clicking the Downgrade to Scout button.
- When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. We do not offer to process refunds for unused time on annual subscriptions, as such we recommend that these downgrades are made at the end of your subscription.
Downgrading to the Scout (Free) Plan account from a Legacy Plan
If you wish to downgrade to a Free account, follow these steps.
- Go to Account > Summary > Account Overview.
- Select the option to Upgrade or Downgrade your Plan, located in the Common Account Actions section on the right.
- Click the Compare available plans link to view your upgrade/downgrade options. Locate the Scout License (free) and click Downgrade to proceed.
- Read the details about downgrading to free carefully. Check the box to certify I read everything above, and I still want to downgrade and click Downgrade to Scout to confirm.
When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. Because your previous account was on a Legacy plan level, this plan level will not be available to be selected in the future. You will only be allowed to switch back to SurveyGizmo's new levels.
How the Free Plan limitations are imposed on a formerly paid account
- When you downgrade to the Free Plan you will lose many features associated with a paid account and any surveys using those features may not work correctly. That includes custom branding and themes, all logic and actions, and any advanced reports. We recommend you first close any surveys still taking responses to avoid any unwanted consequences from downgrading.
- If you decide to upgrade back to a paid plan your active surveys will revert back to their current state. That means that custom themes, actions and logic, and all of your share options will be live again.
- With respect to the page limit, this will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to the question type limitations, these will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to responses, when you downgrade to free all your existing responses will be saved and available for reporting and exporting. You'll be able to collect an additional 100 responses once you convert to the free plan.