We designed a free survey tool that is more similar to other entry level products – but still more generous than the competition. This tutorial will cover the high-level limitations of the SurveyGizmo Free Plan.
- Up to 3 surveys (active or closed) at a time
- Up to 5 pages of questions
- The ability to collect up to 100 responses per survey
- Limited question types
- Reporting limited to Standard Reports (access to view Individual Responses)
- Exporting limited to CSV/Excel Exports
How do I signup for a Free Plan?
Go to our Home Page and click Pricing in the top navigation then click Individual Pricing. From here you can click Get Started under the Free option.
Can I downgrade my paid account to a the Free Plan?
Sure! The steps vary based on the account type so select your plan below for downgrading steps.
I have a Individual Account that I wish to downgrade to the Free plan.
If you have one of our new Individual Accounts (created on or after January 17, 2017) and you wish to downgrade to free, you can do so by going to Account > Summary. Once there, you'll see the list of license options. Click the Delete Account link in the bottom-right corner below the license options (we know, you're not deleting your account; trust us.).
On the subsequent confirmation screen click the link to Downgrade to the Free plan.
Read the details about downgrading to free carefully, check the I-read-everything box and and click Downgrade to Free to confirm.
When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. We do not typically offer to process refunds for unused time on annual subscriptions but we're always happy to consider the circumstances.
I have a Team & Enterprise account that I wish to downgrade or delete/cancel
To downgrade your Team & Enterprise Account, go to Account > Summary and click the Upgrade Account button. You will be prompted to fill out a brief form. Your Account Manager will then reach out to you to assist!
Downgrading to a Free Plan account from a Legacy Plan
If you wish to downgrade to a Free account, go to Account > Summary. Click the Select button to the right of the Free account.
Read the details about downgrading to free carefully and click Downgrade to Free to confirm.
When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. Because your previous account was on a Legacy plan level, this plan level will not be available to be selected in the future. You will only be allowed to switch back to SurveyGizmo's new levels which are billed annually.
How the Free Plan limitations are imposed on a formerly paid account
- When you downgrade to the Free Plan you will lose many features associated with a paid account and any surveys using those features may not work correctly. That includes custom branding and themes, all logic and actions, and any advanced reports. We recommend you first close any surveys still taking responses to avoid any unwanted consequences from downgrading.
- If you decide to upgrade back to a paid plan your active surveys will revert back to their current state. That means that custom themes, actions and logic, and all of your share options will be live again.
- With respect to the page limit, this will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to the question type limitations, these will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to responses, when you downgrade to free all your existing responses will be saved and available for reporting and exporting. You'll be able to collect an additional 100 responses once you convert to the free plan.