The SurveyGizmo File Library is a great resource for uploading images that you plan on using in your surveys. In the event that you don't have access to the File Library or you are already hosting your images outside of SurveyGizmo, there is another option!
Assuming that your images are hosted online (perhaps a service like Dropbox, Google, etc.), you can add these directly to your survey by referencing the image link (URL).
There are a number of places in SurveyGizmo where an image can be added via URL:
- Image Elements
- Question Text
- Image Select questions (single and multi)
- Image Heatmap question
- Survey logo via Style tab
- Survey background image via Style tab
Add Image Via URL
- To add your externally hosted image URL to any of the compatible items, click on ether the image placeholder icon or add/select image button*. An Insert Image pop-up will be triggered.
*Note that depending on which part of SurveyGizmo you are in, you may see slightly different method for adding an image to your survey.
- If you have access to the SurveyGizmo File Library, feel free to select a previously uploaded file or upload a file via the Upload image file button.
- If you have your image link (URL) ready, paste it into the Image URL field.
- Click Insert Image to finish adding your image.
Using this method, the image will be added to your survey element but not added to the SurveyGizmo File Library.
A Note About Image URLs
If you are hosting your image via an external service like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., it's important to note that in most cases you can't simply copy the image link from these services and paste it into SurveyGizmo.
If the image link (URL) that you are using is not working, you will likely need to get a shareable link. A shareable link allows the hosted image to be viewed outside of the hosting service.