As an Account Administrator for a Team & Enterprise Account, you have the ability to manage the user licenses that you have purchased for your account.
The following licenses are available for purchase:
- Basic License - Designed for simple surveys, forms, and quizzes. This level is most appropriate for new or inexperienced users who just want to get started creating without a ton of training.
- Standard License - Similar to our existing Pro account, this license is for users who want to get more from their projects with advanced features and more sophisticated reporting. However, it doesn’t have many of the specific and specialized functions of Market Researcher or HR Professional-specific packages.
- Market Research License - Created for power users who dive deep into market research. In addition to functions like advanced quotas, choice-based conjoint, this license includes some advanced question types and our R library.
- Full Access License - For power users who want full, unlimited, unrestricted access to everything SurveyGizmo has to offer. This license includes every single feature for the survey creator who wants unlimited data collection power.
Licenses available within the Team & Enterprise Plan only:
- HR Professional License - This license is designed to meet the specific needs and challenges of human resource professionals. With this license, users have all of the tools they need to conduct engagement surveys, 360 reviews, pulse surveys, and manage job applicants.
- Reporting License - For those users who don't need to (or shouldn't) build surveys in your account, this license grants users access to reports and data. We use this license most often to share reports with stakeholders so that everyone in our organization is in the know.
- Educational License - Available to educational institutions like universities.
Purchase User Licenses
If you are looking to purchase additional licenses for your Team & Enterprise Account, navigate to Account > User Management > Users.
You will see an overview of all Active (assigned to a user) and Purchased (available to be assigned to a user) licences. To add more licenses click Add licenses. Fill out the form to contact your Account Manager.
You can also purchase licenses via Account > Summary > Account Overview. Scroll past the User Licenses overview and select Upgrade Account to proceed.
Assign User Licenses
Once you have purchased User Licenses, the next step is to assign those licenses to users. You can assign licenses to existing users or assign a license while inviting a new user to join your account.
If you are not already there, navigate to Account > User Management > Users. You will see an overview of all Active (assigned to a user) and Purchased (available to be assigned to a user) licences.
Assign licenses one by one
To assign a user license, click on an existing user or select the Invite Users button to create a new user.
Note: The number of available users will reflect the number of available licenses on your account.
On the user's Profile tab, provide the Username and Email. Next, select an available license for this user. If you are editing an existing user, you simply need to select a license for them.
Scroll to the user's Permissions to make further customizations. The Permissions section allows you to set up a user as an Account Admin or a Premium Support user, among other options. Learn more about User Management.
Note: Contact your Account Manager for additional Account Admin and Phone Support user seats.
Make sure you Save User once you are ready to invite them into your account.
Assign licenses in bulk
There are two options for managing users' licenses in bulk: import a file of users (either new or existing) or using the bulk license option within the application.
To make changes to multiple users' licenses select the checkbox to the left of the user and click the Set License button in the blue banner that appears. Select the license you wish to assign and click Set License.
Edit User License
If you find that a specific user needs more or less access within your SurveyGizmo account, you can update their user license provided that you have available licenses.
Access Account > User Management > Users. Click on the user that you wish to edit and select a different available license from the list on the Profile tab.
Remove User License
If you need to free up a User License for use by another user (for example, you only have one of a specific license type and need to assign it to another user), you can remove a user's license.
To do so, access Account > User Management > Users. Click on the user whose license you need to remove. On the user's Profile tab select No License Assigned in the License dropdown menu. You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to remove this user's license as this will prevent them from accessing anything within SurveyGizmo (once removed). Once you confirm this license will now be available for reassignment to another user.
User Licenses Overview
The User Licenses Overview is a great way to see the status of the different licenses that you have purchased for your account. You can access the overview via Account > Summary > Account Overview.
You will see the License Type as well as the following pieces of information:
- Purchased - This column will show the number of licenses that you have purchased for your Team & Enterprise Account.
- In Use - This number will reflect the licenses that have been assigned to users on your Team & Enterprise Account.
- Available - This number will reflect the purchased licenses that have not been assigned to users.