An unsubscribed contact will not receive further invites from any campaigns or surveys in your account. This is true regardless of how the contact was added to a given campaign (e.g. uploaded to the campaign itself versus imported from email lists).
Resubscribing an unsubscribed contact to an Email Campaign without their permission to do so is a violation of the CAN-SPAM Law.
To resubscribe an unsubscribed contact or vice-versa:
- Go to the Contacts page of your email/sms campaign, search for the contact's email address/phone number and click on the returned email address to edit.
- On the Contact Info tab change the Subscription status.
Email/SMS Campaign Subscription Status
The following subscription statuses are available for contacts within SurveyGizmo Email/SMS Campaigns:
- Active - The respondent is currently able to receive emails/text messages, and will receive any they are eligible for
- Inactive - Allows you to prevent emails/text messages from being sent to the contact without explicitly unsubscribing. Respondent is no longer active within the specific campaign but has not been unsubscribed globally from any other campaigns.
- Unsubscribe - Marks the contact as unsubscribed thus preventing further messages from being sent. This status is global. An unsubscribed contact will not receive further invites from any campaigns or surveys in your account.
- Deleted - Deletes the contact from the campaign.
Note: Resubscribing an unsubscribed contact to an Email Campaign without their permission to do so is a violation of the CAN-SPAM Law.
Re-Adding a Removed Unsubscribed Contact
If you have deleted/removed an unsubscribed contact from your Email/SMS Campaign, you will not be able to re-add that contact to the same campaign.
As an alternative, you can create another Email Campaign or SMS Campaign within your survey's Share tab and upload the previously removed contact to the new campaign. Note that the contact will be added to the new campaign with a subscription status of Unsubscribed. Follow the above steps to resubscribe the contact.
SMS campaigns may be subject to various legal compliance requirements depending on the nature of your SMS campaign, the location from where you are sending your text messages, and the location of your recipients. You should consult with your legal counsel to ensure that your SMS campaign meets all applicable legal compliance requirements.