The Insights Canvas dashboard introduces a number of new features to SurveyGizmo. One of these, is the Response Feed - a new chart type for displaying data collected via open-ended questions such as Textboxes and Essays.
The text that is presented can be color-coded according to answers provided in an associated NPS question. In the above image, text from an open-ended NPS follow-up question is displayed in a different color depending on whether it is associated with a Promoter, Passive, or Detractor respondent.
The Response Feed can be displayed as a Horizontal or Vertical feed (horizontal pictured above).
1. To add a Response Feed to your Insights Canvas, click anywhere on the canvas or click the green Insert button. Select Question Chart from the available options.
2. Use the search field within the Survey & Question section to search for a specific survey by title or Survey ID. Only surveys that you have access to will be available. When you see your survey in the provided list, click on the title to select it.
3. Using the Select a question to add drop-down menu, choose an open-ended question from the survey (i.e. textbox or essay question).
4. Select either a Vertical or Horizontal feed from the available chart options. Note that the default chart for open-ended questions is the Word Cloud.
5. Choose the number of items that you want to display within your feed from the Number of Items Displayed drop-down menu (1-8). This will likely depend on your question type and the amount of text per response.
6. (NPS questions only)If you want your text entries to by color-coded according to answers from an associated NPS Question, click the Per Response Styling checkbox.
- Select your NPS question from the NPS question drop-down menu. You will see the default color options for Default Color, Promoter, Passive, and Detractor responses. To change the color for any of these categories, click on colored square to the left of the category and use the provided color wheel or HEX code field to provide a new color.
Note: Per Response Styling can still be utilized without an associated NPS Question. In this case, the per response styling will allow you to change the default color of the text in the response feed.
7. Click Save to add the Response Feed to your Insights Canvas. You can re-size the Response Feed element once it has been added to your canvas.
Once added, new responses (if available) will be pulled into your feed every five minutes.